Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 0

Blog blog blog blog!

Hurray! My first time ever bloggin it up! Whasup y’all? You must be extremely bored if you are reading my blog- awesome! I am super excited about this, and about everything!


The low down: If you don’t already know…. I am serving a 10 week Park Ranger internship at DavisMountains State Park (which is about 8 hours west of Austin). Honestly don’t know what I’m supposed to do here- I’ll find out I suppose. I have to hike a mile to the top of a mountain or drive into town in order to get cell phone reception out here- so sorry if I don’t buzz you all that often- I’m really roughin’ it here- haha.


Got in last night as the sun was setting, soooo beautiful! (pictures to come!) West Texas some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen, jagged red rock formations jutting out along winding roads, all varieties of cactus blooming in the flat expanses. It was 104˚ while we were driving up I10. My house is freakin huge! It’s a 2 bedroom duplex at the park itself. Its got a tiny window a.c. unit that air conditions the whole place. Its nice, totally empty though- I didn’t bring hardly anything- I would love some company to help me fill up the empty space. There are a lot of bugs in here right now- large bugs- I’ve been scoopin ‘em out the door every time I find em but I’m pretty sure I’m just letting more in.

No comments:

Post a Comment