Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 12

I drove up the mountain, no one else was up there- it was very windy and dark and wild looking out. I was listening to my radio- and then I got out and danced alone on top of the mountain. Wild.

Excitement [almost]. Today there was a fire started by some dry lightening on the other side of the mountain from the primitive camping area hiking trails. There was a guy hiking on that trail. A couple guys got in their 4 wheelers and drove up the mountain to find him and bring him down- I thought I was going to get to go up and maybe beat down some fire or something- but that didn't happen. We got the dude and the fire went out by itself before it got to us. It was pretty exciting. There is A LOT of dry lightening out here. 2 days a go I saw the biggest rainbow ever- it stretched all the way across the sky between 2 mountains- totally awesome- I went in to get my camera but the middle part had faded by the time I got back outside.

Last night I saw a giant desert milipede outside my duplex- it was like 8 inches long and really fat and it was orange and green colored- funkey! I haven't been recording all the wildlife I've seen out here. Saw a few cottontails today on my run and some more scorpions, there was a tarantula in my mop bucket the other day- it was kinda small and cute.

Today I painted a door and helped sand down parts of a bench we're making and only weedeated for like an hour- thank you lightening!Tomorrow there is a festival in a nearby town called Alpine that I'm going to go to after work- should be fun! There is also a play I want to see that is down there tomorrow night also. Fun fun fun.

1 comment:

  1. wow sounds interesting! i miss you! hope you're having a good time. i just read all of your blogs. you are pretty amazing because i could not do all of what you've been doing. haha!
    love you lots! -Janna =)

    ReplyDelete