Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 1

Texas Weather: I got a note on my door that said to use today to get to know the park and move in and what not. Dad and I went on a 4 mile-ish hike around a smaller peak- it was cloudless and in the upper 90’s, around noon. Dad left around 3:00pm and at 4 o’clock there was a real gullywasher hailstorm. Crazy. Hail!


Food: I went into town, (Ft. Davis- its about 5 miles down the road) searching for groceries. There are about 1,200 people in this town and 2 tiny grocery stores. One had more local/ environmentally conscious/ expensive stuff (and tofu thank god!). And, they’ve also got Fireman’s out here so I’m a happy camper. I got a ton of food, shoved it into my tiny mini fridge, and then prepared a feast! I don’t have a stove or an oven- I cook everything outside on the picnic table on my camping stove. I made migas and a baked potato and a n awesome salad with local tomatoes.


Stuff: Tomorrow I start my job at 8 am. I am nervous and excited. I met my boss today, she lives in the other side of the duplex. I went for a run along the park road somewhere in the day as well and meet a really spunky older lady who works at park headquarters names Jeannie B- I think she and I will have a lot of fun together. There are a billion other tings I want to say, but this is it for now- I’ve got to do dishes and unpack and try to get to sleep a little earlier tonight. Its been one day and a really enjoy living along. I hope I continue to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment