Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 7

Work today was much like yesterday. Spent the firs 2 hours cleaning bathrooms at the park then drove out to Balmorhea to park cars for 5 hours- yay! Balmorhea isn't in the mountains like the park, its straight up desert and it was 109 degrees yesterday and about the same again today. Hot HOt HOT! I got to swim this time tho after work- Balmorhea is the largest spring feed swimming pool in the world. I worked with two men we are probably in their later 50's and they weren't complaining- even though they've both been working in the park for over 15 years and probably had better things to do than park cars. My mural idea is no good- apparently they are going to re-do the entire visitor center in a year so any work I did wouldn't last very long. II have off- HURRAY!! I rented a movie for tonight, tomorrow I'll run errands- I need to buy some sunglasses, some work pants and shorts, some more veggies, some storage bins maybe and a few other things I can't remember right now. I also need to do laundry, unpack everything, and do some paperwork. Tuesday I'm going exploring- maybe to the Chihuahua Desert Research Institute, visit Alpine or Marfa or go on some hikes up hear or visit Fort Davis. Maybe I'll go over to the observatory- we'll see. Tonight its movie and cake night- during which exciting event I will watch a movie and eat cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment